Sunday, July 31, 2011

A Heart that is Seeking

    Tonight the Lord laid on my heart 1 Timothy 4:6-16 and I wanted to share what He was telling me. As a servant of Him I need to continue to nourish myself in His Word and aim to be living a life that it godly and not just a routine. Being a woman who loves schedules and plans it is sometimes hard for me just to live a life completely for Him and not one that is planned out in my mind. I must use the gifts that He has given to me because He wants me to praise Him with what He has hand picked out for me.  In verse 15 it says to be absorbed in these gifts so that through your progress it will be evident to all. If I am truly using the gifts He has giving me for His glory then others will see Him through me and He will be glorified not me. This is something that I have always struggled with because I want to do exactly what the Lord wants but I fear that I listen to myself and not Him and do what I want and not what He has planned for me. If that is the case then how many opportunities have I let out of my reach and how many blessings have I not witnessed because I was closed minded. My I seek Him in everything I do and listen intently to Him so that I may stay on the right path. May my life be used to bring Him glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment