Monday, July 11, 2011

Journal Entry: In Awe of Him

This is a page from my journal written back in March 2007.

    How can I stand in the midst of Your Glory and not give You credit? How can I proclaim Your name and not mean it? Why do I let myself get so far away before I realize I can't see You? Turn me around. I want to run to You with open arms, a broken heart, and a mindset to praise You. Why am I so selfish, I don't know. My heart already has eternity but others don't. Why can't I share openly with those who are so closed? Break the hearts of those around me. Bring them to their knees in adoration. I pray that I will have an obedient, submissive, and changed heart. Grow me in ways that are foreign to me. I want to be a true follower of Christ.

    I am so thankful to say that the Lord has answered so many of these prayers. I have witnessed so many turn to the Lord over the years and some being right in my own family. I am getting stronger with my boldness but it could still be stronger. Over the years the Lord has grown me through so many different experiences that I never would have imagined. May I continue to listen and follow Him daily.

No comments:

Post a Comment