Tuesday, June 7, 2011

How I came to be a Follower

At age six I came to know the Lord as my Savior. Throughout grade school I was the poster child of a good Christian. Now don't get me wrong I wasn't doing bad things but I also wasn't doing anything to glorify Him either. I was just living my life without picking up my cross. It wasn't until I was 17 that I realize how off the path I really was. I had being going through what I would consider a depression and honestly thought that no one really loved or even liked me other than my parents and close family. I didn't want to live the rest of my life in this lonely state that I was in. One night I guess I just hit rock bottom and in the middle of my bedroom floor I fell to my knees and cried out to Him. I kept asking Him why He would give me this life but not give me the desires of my heart. After a long night of crying I feel asleep on the floor and had a few dreams. Each dream was a glimpse of a scene, each with me in the middle them. The first was me walking down the isle on my wedding day to my groom. I only saw the back of  his head not his face. The next I was in the hospital holding a dark haired baby in my arms. And the last, I was in the middle of a field of a foreign land surrounded by children of different nationalities. When I woke up I asked the Lord what He was trying to tell me. He told me that one day I would have the desires of my heart but that I had to wait on HIS timing. He gave me those dreams to reassure me that they would come. I am very grateful to say that as of today each of those dreams has come to pass, each in their own time. I met my husband in college but only after the Lord had me go through several years of depending on Him and falling in love with Him first. I have two children who are both healthy and beautiful. Over the last few years between my husband and myself we have been to every continent (except Antarctica) and seen countless come to know the Lord. I continue to wait patiently on the Lord to see what else He has in store for me.

1 comment: